Thursday, February 11, 2010

Feb. 2010 NY blizzard!

Feb. 10, a dusting of snow turns to light flurries. Wind starting to pick up, but still quiet. Streets practically empty. No joggers nor dog walkers in the park. Why? It's kinda cold, that's why. Normally, dog walkers are out there, no matter what.

These shots were taken from my north window. Notice the white car: it gets covered with snow as the storm gets closer and stronger.

Click image to enlarge.




Below: my neighbor getting some equipment out; snow blower, pruner, etc to clear his sidewalk. My neighbor's pine tree broke a branch due to the heavy snow. By the time they finished working on it, the snow had started to cover my window as well.



Below: Images of the other side of the street, before and after a plow truck once over. Checkout the sidewalk with plowed snow.



Below: The following morning. It stopped snowing early morning and this is what the blizzard left. That there on the left is my neighbor's pickup truck. Front and right is my garage and the blueberry shrubs that are weighted down by the wet snow. The snow on the ground is a foot or so thick. A lot of work is waiting for me.



Boy Oh boy, I did a lot of shoveling(sorry no pics. There's no one to take them.): My driveway and the sidewalk. Tell you what, if you are looking to buy a house, think twice before getting a corner house. It's a lot of work, I tell you. A lot of work.

6 comments:

  1. wow!!!beautiful shots!!wonderful!!is it the talent or the camera,MK? :D

    gee....really lots of snow...it snowed here the whole evening but when I woke up,we only have 2 or 3 cm snow,so shoveling was easier compare to my last one,hehe

    yeah,ive heard that its been snowing out there!!crazy snow indeed!and wow again,you live in an urban area pala,MK?ang ganda ng place nyo,lovely!!

    hindi ba sumakit ang likod mo after shoveling?hehe...ingat na lang and dont catch a cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghee,

    Actually, I just point and shoot. The camera is a Panasonic DMC-ZS3 that I got as a gift to myself. :)

    Yeah, masakit ang likod ko, Araaay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sabi nga daw wala sa camera yan, nasa eye ng me hawak ng camera :) those are awesome photos MK, ang galing naman :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh,yan pala ang gift mo for yourself last xmas,very nice toy!!

    gusto ko ng snow,pero ang hirap mag shovel...hehe

    happy vday,MK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ghee: Nung bago gusto ko snow, pero pag naging slush na o sa palahan, di ko na gusto. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melai: "Nasa eye ng may hawak ng camera" Naks, Ok yun, ah. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete